The Queen Emma Bridge is a pontoon bridge across the St. Anna Bay that swings open to allow ships to pass through to the harbor at the end of the channel. The bridge was first built in 1888 and then replaced with the current bridge in 1939. It is known locally as "Our Swinging Old Lady". The bridge connects the Punda and Otrobanda districts of Willemstad, the capital of the Caribbean island nation of Curacao in the Netherlands Antilles. Here the bridge has opened to allow a tugboat to go through. The Historic Area of Willemstad, Inner City and Harbour, Curaçao is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.